Friday, August 11, 2006

Tissues for Sanyurah. Now, Kleenex tissues are always provided to Sanyurah and his aides during meetings as can be seen in picture above. (OK. Friends have criticized me for mocking Sanyurah's tears. Well, of course, there is nothing wrong with crying. I mean, crying can be therapeutic and comforting. I mean, do you think that Sanyurah would have been able to go through this war without his tears? It has been really helpful for him. And his famous boo hoo hoo speech left its mark on the world: it led "the international community" to act and care. Wait: the "international community did not act and did not care. Never mind. So I am not approaching this subject from a silly sexist macho perspective--not that I am above being silly, of course. But in the absence of any real resolve, and in light of his clear complicity during this war of Israeli aggression on Lebanon, his tears were quite pathetic, I argue.)