Thursday, July 27, 2006

The foolish political miscalculations of Hizbullah: the Lebanese political scene. My sister and comrades in Lebanon have asked me to refrain in this period from criticizing Hizbullah. But how could I not? After listening to the official statement of the Council of Ministers today? When I watched Minister of Information, Ghazi Al-`Aridi, pay one tribute-after-another to the Saudi Guardian of the Two Holy things, I could not believe my eyes. Here is the Saudi government officially endorsing the Israeli war of aggression on Lebanon while pledging some millions to Lebanon--Saudi Arabia is notorious for not giving what it pledges, you may ask the Palestinians about that. Here is Saudi Arabia and Fu`d As-Sanyurah providing the political cover for the Israeli war of aggression, and Hizbullah remains in the cabinet, and refrains from criticizing either Sanyurah or Saudi Arabia. This is like when I hear Hamas leader, Isma`il Haniyyah, sending salutations to "brother president, Abu Mazen". What is that? What can't they see?