Friday, April 28, 2006

Hazem Saghiyyah: is a competent and effective Arab neo-consrvative, as much as I stand opposed to all what he says and writes. And he has all the flaws and inconsistencies of Arab "liberalism." I can never reconcile myself to Saghiyyah's views after he said this to the Washigton Institute for Near East Policy, of all places: "Hence, the Arab mainstream has yet to internalize President Bush's vision of democratization." I like the old writings of Saghiyyah: I think that his old (funny) writings on Lebanon were the best, especially his book Mawarinah min Lubnan. Now, I never agree with Saghiyyah. But I saw him on Future TV: he referred to the March 14th Movement as "sectarian." I agree with him in his call for the non-intervention of clerics, ALL clerics in Lebanon of all sects, in politics.