Monday, April 03, 2006

"From Lebanon". Back to that most silly segment on LBC-TV. Today, they featured crackpot/joke Lebanese presidential candidate from the past, Salim Wakim. He was a running joke in the Lebanese parliament for decades. He knew my father, and my father would bring us his business card, and it said: "Presidential candidate" in Lebanon, and nothing else. And in the Lebanese constitution, there is no candidacy for the presidency. Most presidents were elected without them declaring their candidacy (and now we have another crackpot candidate in Lebanon, the Mallat guy, and his chances of victory (despite his recent meeting with most anti-Arab/anti-Muslim member of Congress, Ilena Ros-Lehtinen (I was told that he was sitting at her table pathetically and meekly at a recent Republican function in Washington, DC), are as big as those of Wakim). But LBC-TV also said that he was rated "the fastest translator" IN THE WORLD, no less. And that he was ALSO a candidate for the Nobel Prize in Literature (it must be in Lebanonese gibberish). Did you know that I was a candidate for the Nobel Prize in Chemistry once? I was. But do you see me bragging? Nooooooooo.