Sunday, January 01, 2006

Have you seen the debate between Chomsky and Dershowitz? Answer me, damn it. I am talking to you. Well, anyway, I read it. And like I had heard, Chomsky was disappointing. One thing is clear: notice that Chomsky is always keen to cite only Israeli Jewish sources. Does he believe that Arab sources are not reliable? Do the views and opinions of the victims don't matter in this respect? Is it because they belong to an inferior stock of humans? Notice how many times he invoked the name of Benny Morris for example? Benny Morris, whose sympathy to ethnic cleansing has been made clear, is more reliable as far as Chomsky is concerned than Arab victims. As if the debate (in the US or Israel) about the Palestinian question should always exclude the Palestinians. As if the Palestinians are some bystanders. And notice that Chomsky kept invoking the Geneva Agreement, and insisting that it received widespread support. Yes, outside of the Palestinian community that is. I for one signed a petition against the Geneva Agreement, and many Palestinians expressed their disapproval, and signed petitions too. Notice, that Chomsky also wants to "sell" the Palestinian right of return (AND compensation, I always add). Just like that. I mean, I have liked and respected Chomsky, but when it comes to Palestinian interests, I observe no niceties and no obligations and no restraints.