Friday, August 19, 2005

I was reading the statement by the `Abdullah `Azzam Battalions of Al-Qa`idah in Bilad Ash-Sham. I noticed that the statement contained threats against King `Abdullah, but none of the Arab media made a reference to that. What caught my attention is a phrase in that statement that said: "...we are closer to you than your umbilical cord." I wonder what that means. Are they referring to royal family squabbles? Infiltrations? I noticed that the former Crown Prince Hamzah accompanied the king on his visit to Russia. Also, I heard somebody say this on one Arab TV the other day, and it is so true: how Al-Qa`idah specializes in killing everybody around the world, civilians really, but they seem to avoid throwing even a rock at Israeli military targets. I really believe that this is one of the reasons, among many, why many in the Arab world are either suspicious or hostile to Al-Qa`idah and its kooky wars.