Thursday, August 04, 2005

AlArabiyya "documentary" on King Fahd cites the meeting between King `Abdul-`Aziz and FDR. It quoted FDR as saying that "`Abdul-`Aziz taught me about the Palestinian question in 10 minutes more than I have learned in 10 years." I know what he taught him: that puppet Arab leaders like him don't give a potato about the Palestinians, and are willing to use it and misuse it to their own ends. Yesterday, I was looking at the credits at the end of one of the many Fahd "documentaries" on AlArabiyya, and noticed that the producer was none other than the director of Al-Arabiyya himself, and that Mustafa Karkuti (your typical former Lebanese leftist turned Fahd champion) served as a consultant. One of the most used words in pro-Saudi media in the last several days is that the change in Saudi Arabia was salis (or smooth or easy going). They keep using that word to my irritation.