Thursday, May 19, 2005

Correction: My friend `Amir protested that I had inflated in a previous post the Hariri's cost of the expansion of the Beirut airport. He provided me with evidence that the cost (paid for by future Lebanese generations) was a mere $0.5 billion. I stand corrected, my infallibility notwithstanding. `Amir also wondered why I had not composed a song in honor of Rafiq Hariri, as some 90% of Lebanese people have done. I thought long and hard about what he said, and then agreed. So I sat down, and after sleepless nights, I wrote a poem. I have not put it to music yet, but let me know what you think. It is titled: Rafiq Hariri: the Memory
Oh, jingle bells, jingle bells
Rafiq Hariri, Hummus
Jingle all the way
Tabbulah, Tabbulah
Oh, what fun it is to ride
Falafil, Falafil
In a one horse open sleigh
Ful, ful, ful
Jingle bells, jingle bells
Jingle all the way
batata, batata, batata
Oh, what fun it is to ride
In a one horse open sleigh