Friday, April 01, 2005

Angry in DC: I must confess that it was nice to meet people here who knew me through the site. I have noticed that several people who meet me (after knowing my site) immediately observe that I do not look angry. I have to explain that you have to separate your political anger from your personal life. Otherwise, you will need crack cocaine to go on. I have known people who have allowed their political anger to spill over their personal lives, and that is a recipe for misery. Today, I received an email from a reader of my site: he is a ghost from the past, a classmate from high school. He is now a banker in Lebanon (working for the Hariri Empire). For those who asked me, my morning panel was videotaped, and you may check the website of the Center for Contemporary Arab Studies here at Georgetown for the proceedings. I taped a segment for CBS News on US media efforts in the Middle East. I did not ask when it will air. So those who will watch it, let me know. We taped it near a church here on campus. Guess who is a feminist this week? Laura Bush. After an interrruption of a few years. One newspaper commented that her visit was part of the new propaganda effort of the Bush administration. Guess who said this about the Taliban? "Taliban are the sons of the soil." Afghan puppet president Hamid Karzai said that about the Taliban. Another quizz of the day. Guess who said this: "Nothing is more gratifying than being able to help people in need." Name that humanitarian person. Name him/her now. It is none other than Paul Wolfowitz, known for his great humanitarian war in Iraq, of course. I will return tomorrow to California, and will update then. In my absence, please help yourself to a serving of this: it is my treat. I insist. (PS: nutritional information does not include the...human finger.)