Monday, October 19, 2009

Explosion in Iran

I don't know who was behind the explosion in Iran. I don't know if the US or others are behind it. But I do remember that the US contracted to Saudi Arabia the job of detonating car bombs in Lebanon in the 1980s, according to Bob Woodward who details the one case of the bomb against Muhammad Husayn Fadlallah which killed scores of civilians but missed Fadlallah himself. I know that the Iranian government is publicly accusing the US and UK, but this secretive government (which never really reveals what it is is thinking--but please don't refer me to the taqiyyah analysis business) is most likely suspecting Saudi Arabia. This event may get bigger: it may trigger car bombs wars between Iran and Saudi Arabia and if this starts, Saudi Arabia will be in deep trouble, especially given the acute succession conflict in the royal family.